After much abuse from my associates, I have finally caved in. I’m all for using http://Postini.com to filter out spam. It’s cheap and it works well. It keeps the spam off the network, and I like how it just sends a quarantine report to the end-users each day.
Of course, now we have to turn off that pesky Outlook junk mail filter:
To enforce Outlook Junk E-mail Filter user interface options for users
- In Group Policy, load the Outlook 2003 template (Outlk11.adm).
- Under User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesMicrosoft Office Outlook 2003Tools | OptionsPreferences, click Junk Mail.
- Double-click Junk E-mail protection level.
- Click the Enabled radio button to enable configuring the policy.
- In the Select level drop-down list, select a protection level to enforce.
- Click OK.
- Set other policies, such as specifying to permanently delete junk e-mail messages.
(Found this http://www.myitforum.com/forums/m_148505/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#148505 via google on “disable junk mail outlook” – thanks to kdsrazor).